Thursday, May 17, 2012




Lately
you don't sleep well.
You wake us up at odd hours.
You beat, poke, bite, kick and squirm until I
with disgrace and resignation get up
and take you to the living room
and I sit; from anywhere 1am to 5am, alone, watching you gyrate wildly through the home
getting whatever fire in your ass out.
I dont hold it against you.
Though I would like very much, to sleep.
to shower alone
- you dropped your toys in the tub today and
screamed because I held the shower curtain closed.
I accept, bitterly that I can't do these things.
I can't nap unless I am utterly exhausted.
It's hard to hear sometimes, the screaming, or
take the bites with a stoic or humorous face.
"Don't take it personally"
I don't, but sometimes keeping the humor is hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment