Tuesday, April 24, 2012

biTE

I biTE the sun
I chase the cLouds
watching waiting
our time to come.





I know you read this. You may not do it often, but I don't write or have the chance to write as often as I'd wish. But that is the way of things. But I do know you'll read this.

You seem distressed, and last night you spoke in the mumbled nature of one on the way to the dark warm quiet that is sleep, sparing as it may be of late, that you are still in love.

Are you? At times it's hard to see, our lives so jumbled, confused. You work many hours presently. I understand the nature of your work - I've done the same myself, so to say I am intimate with the notion of crunch time is to put it lightly.

I know what the overtime can do. The long hours of work, and lack of sleep from having a kiddo can wear the nerves thin, make one less mindful, less emotionally aware (or caring, for that matter. )It's called survival mode - it comes also with a lack of sleep.

When I say I feel like I am just going through the motions, that is what I mean. I might be home all day, but It's not all fun and games; nor is it for you, being at work for 10-12 hours a day.


Is there love still? There is. It comes in fits and starts, a passing glance or a light touch as we pass by in the living room. Or a horrifically perverted comment on your facebook. (with link.)

It's there, my FeaTHERs; it's there. Be assured in the fact WE are still fine; and WE WILL be making good on our plans.  Romance has taken a side seat in our quest for life abroad, and adjusting to the lay off and switch in familial status. (i being the home maker, you being the green maker, instead of us both being equal greens).

The shift is mind bending, for us both. You've the male desire to provide, and to fix.
I've the female need to uh. Lose my shit and hate getting out of bed and eventually get over that shit and take care of the home and child.

We got this; as we like to say to each other. We got this shit.

Love. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment